Have you been dreaming of making a sweater with indie dyed yarn but found the price tag a little high for your budget? Well I have some great news for you - it just might be more doable than you think.
I will be completely honest - I did not come up with this concept on my own but it was such a fantastic idea that I just had to bring it on over to our little shop and share it with you all.
Here is the concept in point form:
- indie dyed yarn is often unaffordable for some makers
- Indie dyed yarn is priced as it is due to the production process and the time each skein spends in our hands
- if we could order and dye in bulk we could save time and therefore potentially charge less.
- Charging less per skein when the number of skeins ordered is larger = a lower price for our customers
- lower price per skein = more sweaters for everyone!
How I will make this concept a reality:
- Pre-orders will be available on a quarterly basis with a strict order by deadline and pre-determined colours.
- Customers will be able to order from the pre-determined colourways on any of the offered basis in increments of 3, 4, and 5 skeins.
- All orders will be dyed after the deadline and shipped within 4-6 weeks.
** First Quarter Pre-Orders Opens February 16th 2020 **
In celebration of our first quarter putting this new concept in action I will host a make along in our facebook group starting in early April. I will firm up more info on this as we get closer and provide tips tricks, pattern ideas etc. in future posts.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to send us an e-mail or comment below.